Follow the instructions/photos below to properly assemble your Co-Sleeper® brand Original Bassinet. Clicking on the "heart" view icon will open up a pop-up of a detailed image of the step you're reading. To close the pop-up window, simply click the close button or click outside the image box!
Co-Sleeper® Brand Mini Setup Instructions
- Pull the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet out of the box. View Example
- Lay the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet down with the handle facing up. View Example
- Unzip the nylon carrying bag and remove it. View Example
- Unfasten the velcro straps that are attached to the mattress and remove the mattress from the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet. View Example View Example
- Remove the assembly instructions and the plastic bag that contains the sheet and strap & plate. View Example
- Lift the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet by the plastic corners to an upright position.
- Spread the bottom legs apart with your foot while pulling the top sides of the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet apart. View Example
- Lock the top bars by pulling up on the center of each bar. (Please note: There are two locking mechanisms on each top bar. Sometimes you need to pull it up quickly to get both mechanisms to lock securely.) View Example
- Repeat this process on all three remaining bars.
- Now that all the top bars are locked, lock the bottom support bars by pushing down on the center of each bottom bar. You can do this with your hand or foot. Make sure all bottom bars are secure. View Example
- Open the plastic bag that contains the sheet and attach it to the mattress. View Example
- Make sure the sheet is secure to the mattress by securing the four velcro strips that are located on the inside of the sheet to the mattress. View Example
- Lay the mattress inside the sleeping nest and align it along the velcro strips that match the outside of the sheet. Insert the straps on the bottom of the mattress through the holes on the of the sleeping nest. Attach the straps to the velcro on the top of the storage compartment underneath the sleeping nest. View Example View Example View Example
- Attach the strap & plate from your bed and connect it to the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet through the belt loop located on the side of the unit. (Please see page 12 on instructions of how to attach the strap & plate to the adult bed.) View Example
- The unit is now in cosleeping position. View Example
Before putting your infant into the unit, check the following to make sure the unit is in the proper cosleeper position:
- Make sure all the top bars and the bottom support bars are locked.
- Double check the three nylon straps that go around the lowering bar by making sure the male plastic piece is buckled.
- Helpful Hint: All the top bars need to be locked before locking any of the bottom support bars. If you have locked the bottom bars first, the locking mechanism in the unit will not allow you to continue locking all the top bars.
Converting to Bassinet
- Detach the three nylon straps that are around the lowering bar by unbuckling the plastic male piece. View Example
- With your hand or your foot, unlock the front bottom support bar by pulling up on the center of the bar into an upsidedown "V" as high as it can go. View Example
- Unlock the top bar by wrapping your hands around the center of the bar and locating the locking mechanism with your thumbs. Push in on the buttons and gently pull up, then push down. By doing this correctly the bar will release into a "U" position. View Example
- Put your left leg against the lowering bar so that you are standing sideways. Grab the plastic connector with your hand and pull the plastic tab towards you while lifting the connector up at the same time. View Example
- Repeat this step on the opposite side.
- Fasten the snaps and velcro underneath the corners of the plastic connectors and receivers. View Example
- Attach the connectors into the upper receivers on both sides. View Example
- Lock the top bar by pulling up on the center of the bar. View Example
- Once the top bar is locked, lock the bottom support bar by pushing down on the center of the bar. You can do this with your hand or foot. View Example
- Fold away the three nylon straps in the front pockets of the unit. View Example
- The cosleeper is now in bassinet position.
Folding Down the Co-Sleeper® Brand Bassinet
- Remove the mattress from the unit and remove the sheet.
- With your hand or foot, unlock the bottom support bars by pulling up on the center of the bar into an upsidedown "V" as high as it can go. View Example
- Unlock the top bars by wrapping your hands around the center of the bar and locating the locking mechanism with your thumbs. Push in on the buttons and gently pull up, then push down. By doing this correctly the bars will release into a "U" position. View Example
- Gather the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet together. It should collapse down into a rectangular position with the legs sticking out. Lay the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet on its side and stand over the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet facing the legs. Push down on the legs with a little pressure until you hear a click. The Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet will then breakdown. View Example
- Wrap the mattress around the unit and feed the velcro straps through the plastic loops that are attached to the other side of the mattress. Pull and secure the velcro straps. View Example
- Store the sheet and the strap & plate in the top end of the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet. View Example
- Put the Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet into the carrying bag with the handle from the mattress coming through the opening of the bag. View Example
- The Co-Sleeper® brand bassinet is now in travel position or can be stored away. View Example